I’ve decided to start doing some important critical thinking Q & A because I like to speak my mind and talk about important issues. Here’s 5 questions to start out with, and I will be posting more soon. Please feel free to interact, as I love debate and I love to know what you are all thinking…
Questions in this Video:
1. It’s been discussed, how businesses subject their employees to psychological and drug testing. Businesses also control employees by monitoring telephone calls, and email and Internet use. Do you feel that these techniques really control employees? What kind of control does it achieve? How do businesses benefit from this control? Do employees benefit at all? How would you feel being screened and monitored like this?
2. Do you think that profits ever become more important than human life? By reducing safety standards for workers, are businesses placing a higher value on profit than on human life?
3. Does conformity in a dress code and/or behavior help make schools a more equal and serious environment for achieving or does it prevent students from reaching their full creative potential?
4. Should states provide a free college education for all students regardless of financial need? What would be the benefits and disadvantages of such a policy?
5. Consider the fact that most Black U.S. citizens are descendants of people who were brought involuntarily to the U.S. What effects do you think this history has on African Americans and Whites today?