Questions in this video
1. People argue that the family does not shape society, but society shapes families. What do they mean by this? Do you agree or disagree?
2. How have the high rates of divorce, single parenting, and spousal abuse affected U.S. society? Do you consider these family issues to be private problems or social problems?
3. Because of the way our health system is organized, we spend much more money on health care for the old and frail than we do for the young. Why is this so? Should U.S. society be focusing more on its younger population than it does on the elderly population?
4. Why do you think alcohol and tobacco legal drugs when they are addictive, physically harmful, and socially disruptive?
5. What positive and negative aspects would come from a universal health care plan here in the U.S.? Do you think that such a program would work in the U.S.?